Many people are surprised to learn that their teeth aren’t solid enamel. In fact, the enamel of your tooth is really only the top layer; there is a lot of other stuff going on inside your tooth, and our Encino endodontist specializes in working on the soft tissues inside your teeth. Let’s take a look at some of the layers of your teeth:
- Enamel. This is the outermost layer and what gives our teeth their strength.
- Dentine. This is a hard layer that lies under your enamel and is made up from a tough tissue.
- Pulp cavity. A space inside of your tooth for soft tissues.
- Root canal. The passage where your root and blood vessels run into your tooth.
- Nerve & blood vessels. Like the rest of your body, your tooth is supplied with nutrients through your blood vessels.
All of these parts work together to make up your teeth. If something goes wrong with one of these elements, if can have serious repercussions on the rest of your mouth. That’s why our Encino endodontist works hard to ensure that the soft tissues inside of your teeth are as healthy as the enamel on the outside. Doing this prolongs the life of your teeth and helps you keep your natural teeth in terrific shape long into your senior years.
Make sure the entire anatomy of your tooth is being cared for by calling our Encino endodontist today. We’ll set you up with an appointment at a time that works for you! Call us at 818-351-7606 or use the form on our website to contact us today.